A Switchling Clearly

07 January, 2007

Mexico etc.

Stupid f&ckng- mexican keyboard´{s with keys in the 7swrong places. Itnersetngliy, I reenclty dcsoivred taht the hmaun biarn can dicepehr stneeecns wrhee the lterets are mxied up so lnog as the frsit and lsat lttrees are in tiher rgiht sopts.

Yeah.

I went to New York. Which included Nintendo World. I gots me some profits. I bought a few things, and will peddle them back home to sucke.... willing recipients, at a price. I also went to some pointless stores. Why have an M&Ms store on Times Square where you can barely buy actual chocolate M&Ms? Sure, you can buy M&Ms t-shirts and golfing equipment and dental hygiene products, but why is it so hard to get some actual chocolate? Sigh.

On a better note, Nintendo World was cool. I played Excite Truck, which was fun, and made me wonder why the hell we didn't get it, Elebits and Trauma Center and all that stuff on Wii launch back home. Spotted some component cables but the people were unsure whether it would work on PAL systems, and wouldn't say either way. Bastards. I did get me a Mr Resetti doll, though. With my profitses.

I also went to the Apple store...you know, the glass cube one. It was loud, and I think most of the people there were just on the demo computers so they could use Safari to check their email for free. That's what I was there for, anyway. I did watch fifteen minutes of The Office on an iPod, though. And ride Willy Wonka's great glass elevator (no seriously, and it's not a euphamism). Georgie wants a new iPod, so dad was running around comparing prices and converting to Australian dollars and forgetting to carry the three and whatnot. There was an 8 gig nano at another store for US$219, but then the guy was all shifty and would only do it if we bought all this other shit like adapters and headsets and stuff. Fucker. So maybe we'll get one in Japan. Or wait and see what's announced next week at the Apple conference.

Incidentally, we got an iPod for dad for christmas, but he took it back the next day because he thought he could get one, or some other type of player, for cheaper when overseas. Except it's all been more expensive. So...yeah.

Mexican mexican food is great. Then it gets progressively less cool the more you eat of it. That's why you only have tacos every few months. It's nice occassionally, but it's sickening when you eat it constantly. We're going to Cancun tomorrow for some resort time (woot)...which also means it's nearing the end of the trip. Damn, I'd better write some Switchling fast...

We went to Chinchen-Itza today, which are some ancient Incan ruins. I was appalled to see they let everyone clamber all over them. I watched one american idiot knock a 3000 year old incan fireplace slightly akilter (sp?). Meanwhile I was walking on a pyramid. Hey, when in Rome. I have some cool pictures of me doing the whole Inca experience. You know, sitting on columns, climbing steps, eating fajitas in dodgy cafes, driving home on motorways, listening to an iPod, haggling, squirrels...the whole kit and even some kaboodle (sp?) too. More kaboodle than I expected, really. There was almost too much kaboodling going on. It was like, kaboodle city over there. Crazy.

I didn't realise squirrels moved so fast.

New York was rocking. We caught up with some family friends. We distracted the young (7 and 10) kids while the adults chatted, which was tiring in the end but still enjoyable. They get distracted and are so full of energy. You know how it is. Hard work. We went to MoMA (the Museum of Modern Art), saw some Manet and stuff. And that Marilyn Monroe guy. There was some really cool stuff, to be honest. I felt sorry for the kids though. And they were being converted to vegetarianism, I think too.

I was on TV, in the background of a bad cable tv sports panel which looked onto a square at 10pm at night. The laptops the people had on their desks weren't on. Don't trust the bastards, they'll act like they're doing something on them, but they're not.

My bag is really heavy. I have so many pressies and souvenirs and Nintendo World jackets (well, that's not really true, but I do have one). It's like 29 kilos.

Hooray for abrupt and unsatisfying endings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home